Tuesday 27 March 2012

Debbie Bliss sandals

A while back, I posted about getting the Debbie Bliss Baby and Toddler knitting book for Christmas and the teddy that I have made for my bump!

I've also been knitting him/her a lovely dressing gown-type thing from the book (they call it a 'hooded carrying bag', which sounds a bit brutal!), but I like a short project to knit alongside a long one, and so I decided to knit the sandals in the book for my name twin (Suzy)'s baby, Felix.  He was born in December but has been growing very quickly so I wanted to make him something for a proper little boy, not just babyish bootees!

I must say, the pattern wasn't the easiest in the world to follow.  There were definite moments where I was drawing on my knowledge of knitting to work out what needed to be done rather than the instructions making this explicitly clear.  There are rather a lot of points where you must bind-off so many stitches and then start knitting in a different place, which need clearer wording, or better still, a diagram!

Nevertheless, I am very pleased with how they turned out, and have received a lovely photo from Suzy with the young man himself modelling them.  They fit very nicely (though probably not for long!).

No comments:

Post a Comment