Saturday 24 September 2011

TwitKnitClub Update

Quick update on my TwitKnit project:
House of Fraser came up with the goods and I purchased a solid turquoise is from Rowan, which is called Creative Focus and a striped yarn, which is Patons Colourful Twist.

I cast(ed)-on on Thursday evening, starting with the beret brim, which is a double layer of 1x1 rib to give the correct structure when wearing it. I did that part in record time because I was so eager to get onto the actual entrelac.  Boy, I was not disappointed!  Entrelac is so fun and easy to knit and as a result, I have already done the base triangles and two rows of blocks, which definitely gives a good idea of what the finished beret will look like.
Finally, the good people of Lion Brand Yarn got in touch having read my previous post(!), to say that you can buy Lion Brand products in the UK from Banyan Tree Yarns.  Thanks guys! Now that's customer service (sorry I'd already bought the yarn for this project!)!

No comments:

Post a Comment