Tuesday 20 September 2011

International bootee trafficker


I always keep my word and here, as promised, is a post containing tiny knitted things for tiny people!
These bootees are a slight modification on Saartje Knits' lovely pattern.
They are so fun and easy to knit that by now I've probably made these six or seven times for various babies of my acquaintance and there are some bits that I've changed for my own convenience or for a particular effect.  For example, the blue bootees have a single stripe of darker blue rather than having a different colour for the whole of the top section.  The orange bootees were self-striping sock-yarn anyway so I knitted them all in the same yarn.

The blue bootees are made of merino wool and are for Marley, who lives in Mexico.  I made them slightly larger as he may not want to wear them until he comes back to the UK to visit us at Christmas!

The orange bootees are for Jeremy, who lives in The Netherlands.  I liked that they were a bit orange (patriotic), but not overwhelmingly so! Jeremy is one-month-old today so has teeny-tiny bootees made of sock yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment