Wednesday 7 September 2011

Grandpa's birthday scarf

I am back! I've actually been here all along apart from brief trips to Woodlarks and Belgium (for the Grand Prix and a bit of sight-seeing, not to mention eating and drinking!)

All along, I have been frantically knitting away at my Grandpa's birthday scarf.  The deadline was a) his 89th birthday, which is on Monday and b) the oncoming winter, which seems to be making its presence felt, particularly this week!

The scarf has been quite fun to knit, but like the other scarf I did for my Granny for Christmas (a lacy number in gorgeous Rowan Kidsilk Haze) it seems to have taken forever to complete!  To keep myself from going mad with boredom I have had to do lots of smaller projects in between knitting it, so I'm quite relieved to have finally finished (and just in time!).

I'm really pleased with the herringbone pattern.  The designer used a slightly smoother yarn resulting in a higher definition of pattern, but I think that using the alpaca gives a lovely subtle tweedy look and will also be  toasty warm!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment